Have you ever thought about wether you have a strong inner foundation that supports your life choices?
Your inner foundation is a base, a structure that guides you to live your life with more purpose & clarity. When your inner foundation is strong & solid, you take back control of your life. Even if you have a sturdy one, it’s always good to make it stronger.
Building your castle on cement will allow it to be secure and more powerful. Whatever happens in your life, a bit like a tree with strong roots, your foundations will stay strong, therefore you will be able to face life’s rollercoaster more easily.
Table Of Contents
- Your mind
- Your values
- Your ‘why’
- Your ‘how’ & a few tips for implementation
I. Your mind
The quality of your thoughts will reflect on the quality of your life and in order to have a strong inner foundation you need to have a growth mindset. A growth mindset will get you through even during the roughest of times. To cultivate a growth mindset you need to realize the thoughts that you repeat to yourself and ask yourself: do they serve me? Or do they hinder me?
What is a growth mindset? It is a way of seeing challenges and setbacks. It’s a way of believing that no matter what happens to you, you’ll always find a way to use it for your growth and personal development.
- a self-talk that supports the change & improvement you want to create in your life
- a mindset where you know you can learn anything
- the fact that even if you are frustrated, you persevere
- and if you fail, you know you’ll learn from it
- ultimately, if you succeed, you know you will inspire others
What is the quality of your thoughts? What thoughts do you need to believe about yourself to create your dream life?
Your thoughts are powerful and if you start to pay attention to them, you can go far. You can create the life of your dreams.
II. Your values
Values are very important because they guide our beliefs, attitudes, and behavior. What are your 3 core values?
Core values are the fundamental beliefs of a person or organization. They are reflected in our decision-making and help us in finding our true purpose. They also help us to determine if we are on the right path & fulfilling our goals. They also guide us on the choices we make in our life.
I truly believe it’s important to determine at least 3 core values in all the areas you want to improve on. For example, I have my 3 personal core values, which are freedom, love, and sharing. I also identified my 3 business core values, which are authenticity, trust, and independence. They help me to make choices and anytime I have to make one, I first check if this is aligned with my core values in order to be truly happy. Indeed, if your choices are aligned with your values, this is how you will be able to strengthen your self-esteem.
So in order to build a strong inner foundation, you will need to take enough time to find out what is important for you. What you want to cultivate in your life.
What are your 3 core values? What do you want to experience in your life? How do you want to feel? I challenge you to find your 3 personal core values.
‘Values are like fingerprints. Nobodies are the same but you leave them all over everything you do.‘ Elvis Presley
III. Your why
Shakespeare said: “The meaning of life is to find your gift. When you have a purpose, you do your best work and find your deepest strength. That’s when the desire for something can transcend the desire of safety.”
Let me give you an extract from my free workbook ‘What’s my life’s purpose?’ (available here):
“When you live a life without meaning or purpose, it’s like being on a river on a raft and having no paddle to direct yourself. Sometimes the river is slow and gentle and everything is easy. You might even think “I don’t need paddle!”. However, sometimes the river is violent, brutal and because you have no paddle, you hit rocks & hurt yourself.
When you have a purpose or a meaning in your life, it allows you to become the captain of your raft and direct it depending on your values & needs. It allows you to control your life and regulate where you’re going. It allows you to control your personal growth.”
The importance of your why:
- adds intention to your decisions & actions
- gives your life clarity
- enables you to live a value-based life
- encourages trust
III. Your how
Asking important questions is essential for your growth. Questions such as:
- how can you nurture a growth mindset?
- what do you need to do to respect your core values?
- how can you improve your self-talk?
- how can you remember your why?
- What are the thoughts, activities, situations & people you need to stay close to, in order to align all those steps?
You need to find your “how” in order to build this strong inner foundation that will help you to stay grounded and live in harmony no matter what happens in your life. The truth is that I could give you many tools but I truly believe that only you are able to know what is best for you. Strengthening a great bond with yourself is the best way to become self-independent & confident.
Few tips & clues on how to implement and build a strong inner foundation:
- Self-reflection: is central to personal development. It helps you to build a strong bond to yourself and understand more about how you work & what you need. The aim is that you can trust and rely on yourself enough to understand what are the beliefs that are limiting you. So that you understand your boundaries and your needs. My advice? less action, more reflection.
- Keep your inner space clear: I know it can be hard but you need to face your fears and all the aspects & people in your life that don’t make you feel good.
- Consistency: is KEY for your success. Quick fixes don’t exist. Consistency leads to habits. Habits form actions. Actions leads to success.
I will finish this post with a quote from Anthony Robbins:
“It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.”